Monday, November 22, 2010

Ornament Month! Pom Pom Ornaments

If you've been following me for a while, you may remember that a long time ago I made a whole bunch of pom-poms for no apparent reason.  Well, I put those pom-poms in a box, and they have been there ever since.  Until NOW!  I finally came up with something to do with them! (Apologies in advance for the photos - it was really hard to focus on these little suckers!)


 I selected a couple of ornament sized pom poms from my stash, then added on some holiday embellishments.  I just put a little glue on the ends of the embellishments and stuck the ends into the the center of the pom-pom.  Then I added a tied a hanger onto each one using some cording I had on hand.  I did this by cutting a fairly long piece of cording, folding it in half and tying a loop towards the folded end.  Then I strung the loose ends through the pom-pom and tied a knot on the opposite side of the pom-pom.  I secured each side with a little glue.  I wish I had remembered to take photos of this part - it would probably make a lot more sense if I had...  Anyways, here's a close up of the multi-colored ornament.


 I'm very happy to have finally come up with a use for my pom-poms!  They came out so cute too!  Hooray!  They came together so easily too - I know anyone could do it :)

No comments: