Sunday, June 13, 2010

I want to be Martha! Beaded Ribbon Necklaces

Well, except for the whole jailbird thing of course...  This craft is a Martha Stewart craft - cute beaded ribbon necklaces!  As you may or may not know, Martha Stew's* tutorials tend to be a little bit... tricky?  They always seem super simple till you try to do them and then you end up with a mess of glue and glitter.  This one was actually pretty easy though, the project is really straightforward.  I did a few things differently, though.  I didn't use her specific list of supplies (none are available in Waco of course), and I used two kinds of beads, and I knotted the ribbon at the end of my bead chain.  I think it looks a lot better that way and it hides where you tie the thread around the ribbon.  I love them and I wear them all the time!  Here are the two I made for myself:

Flat blue rectangle and round gray stone beads with gray 3/8in (i think) ribbon

You can see the colors a little better in this one

Large chunky purple beads and green round stone beads on 5/8 (again, I think) purple ribbon

Another view

Here I am modeling the purple one on one of my most beautiful days.

And here's one I made for my mom for mother's day.  I think that it's kind of bridal looking, maybe I should go in to the bridal jewelry business!



Now go out and make yourself some necklaces!  

*I had a science teacher named Mrs. Stewart and we used to call her Mother Stew

No comments: