Saturday, April 17, 2010

Holiday Goodness

I've got bunches of photos saved in a "Craft photos to use" folder on the computer but some of them are horribly out of date now.  I just want to get them out of there so I don't have to look at them anymore, but I can't bring myself to just delete them without sharing them on the blog.  That's why you're getting a Christmas post in the middle of April.  Here's some of my Christmas decorations/activities!

Here is my scraggly artificial Christmas tree.  I think I got it at Target for about $20, maybe $30.  It's actually not a bad tree, but it does lose a few branches every year.  I made myself a tree skirt this year!  It's actually just a big piece of red felt I had leftover from a poodle skirt I made 3 years ago bunched up at the bottom of the tree.  I have red felt out the wazoo here at the Bolech household.


My tree cleans up pretty nice don't you think?  All my Christmas ornament sets are red - I think red was big the year I started buying my own ornaments.  I kind of wish I'd gone with a little more variety when I bought them, but I have more ornaments than I'll ever need now, so I'll stick with red.


This is my favorite ornament of the year. It's the "Our first Christmas together" ornament.  AWWWWWWWWW!  Stephen did not wear a white suit at our wedding.


My mom and I made some Christmas candies this year with Wilton's candy melts.  They are actually really yummy and pretty fun to make, although I made way more than I could eat.  I finally threw away the leftovers a few weeks ago. Here's some photos of us making candy!

Candy melts melting away on the hot plate.

Homemade fillings: coconut, orange creme, raspberry creme and peanut butter. Yum!

Mom filling up some plastic candy molds

Some candies awaiting their filling

And just for the heck of it, here's a picture of the Jack-O-Lantern I carved at Halloween!

Too bad I didn't remember to take a picture before it rotted...

Happy holidays everyone!!

No comments: