Monday, January 11, 2010

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

I know it's not Christmas anymore.  The decorations are packed away, and the sense of holiday cheer is gone.  It's not a winter wonderland outside anymore, it's just cold. What better time to share some of the great projects I made for Christmas this year?? Other than before Christmas that is...

PROJECT 1:  Quilted Ornament

I came across this project one day when I was really excited about making Christmas ornaments.  I think it would be such a cool thing to have a tree FULL UP with hand made ornaments.  This project takes a little time but it really is simple.  All you need is a styrofoam ball, some 3x3 squares of fabric, pins, ribbon and a glue gun.  Also you have to be able to fold things.  I hope that isn't a problem for you.  I wish I could remember the exact tutorial I used to make this ornament, but I can't.  There are plenty of great ones out there on the internet though, so if you want to make your own go ahead and google "quilted ornament" or something of the like.  I know my star in the middle is a little jacked up and very uneven, but let's go ahead and call it "abstract".

PROJECT 2:  Ribbon tree

This project came off of the Michael's website.  Which happens to be where I bought all of my supplies!  Oh wait - not the glittery red star.  This project is basically the same concept as the quilted ornament, except even easier!!  It's just a bunch of 3" pieces of ribbon, folded in half, and pinned to a Styrofoam cone!  So easy and soooo cute! Here's a picture of all your supplies* (again except for the glittery red star):

*Daiquiri not required 

I was super lucky to come across the red glittery star at Joanns.  I had no idea what to stick in the top of that darn tree, until I found a whole bin of glittery things on wires, perfect for sticking in to the top of a Styrofoam cone!  Hooray for me.  I guess I really wasn't that lucky, just super clever!

PROJECT 3:  Not really hand made ornament

Cheating! 

This is not really a hand made craft.  I ordered it using free money I had on Kodakgallery.com.  I did create it myself though...

PROJECT 4:  Tree Stamp
 
I carved this really neat Christmas tree rubber stamp.  It took FOREVER to carve out all the little spaces on it, but I'm glad I did because I used it for another great project (of which I don't have any pictures uploaded to the computer yet).  More on this later!

That is all for now.  I know I've got some more pictures stashed away somewhere, so I'll put those up a little later.  I hope you enjoy my Christmas projects, maybe next year I'll start earlier though...



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE the ribbon tree and the quilted ornaments. Very cool. Not really sure what to do with all the stamp ideas. We don't stamp much around here.

Anonymous said...

Jenny, can you make one of those ribbon trees in life size for next year? Wouldn't that be way cool???

Anonymous said...

Jenny -- these are so very cool ... I bet your house looked wonderful!

Mom said...

You have pictures of your candy we made

Laura Maurer Storms said...

I'm glad that a glass of wine is part of the supplies needed to make a Ribbon tree.

Laura Maurer Storms said...

And also some kind of soda drink?

Jenny Bolech said...

Mmmm! Booze and Dr. Pepper!

Anonymous said...

I can also highly recommend wine and chalk sidewalk painting. Jenny is really good at that too.