Friday, May 28, 2010

An excellent haul!

Have any of you other Wacoans heard of Esme's?  I like to pretend that it's my own special little secret, but maybe everyone knows about how awesome it is.  Esme's is a little shop on LaSalle, kinda near the cemetary I think.  I never actually remember where it is, and always have to look until I see it.  It's a sort of antique/nick nack/junk store that Stephen and I love to go to.  It's only open certain Saturdays, and the next open date is usually posted on the door.  The owner (Esme, duh!) is super nice, and you can get some great deals.  The majority of Stephen's cocktail glass collection comes from here:

This is just what we picked up on the latest trip

As did the champagne flutes we used at our wedding:

Photo by the wonderful Nicole Berrett

On our last trip I thought "I wonder if she has fabric there"  And just my luck!  She did!  I got all of this for $5!!


Admittedly, I don't know what I'm going to use all of this for, but it's over 10 yards of fabric so you really can't beat that.  I have already used the yellow floral - it's actually a tablecloth -  on the bottom right for something (which I forgot to take any pictures of... oops!)  and I love love love the embroidered plaid on the top right.  I'm hoping to make a cute dress or something out of it, but we'll see!

No comments: