Stephen and I had these cute pictures hanging in our kitchen. They are supposed to look like this:
Instead, since there is a cabinet door that opens into them, and the door to the laundry room is right next to them, they often ended up looking like this instead:
I got sick of straightening them (ok, I didn't do it very often). I decided it was time for a change. I remembered when I posted about all my vintage spools someone had commented a suggestion to frame them. I thought that was a great idea, so now my frames look like this:
The frames (ikea ribba frames) are pretty deep, so there was room to throw the spools in there loose. I picked a few spools for each one, put a piece of white card stock for backing, and shook them up, letting the spools settle wherever they wanted. I love how they turned out! I picked the colors to match my bulletin board:
I think they turned out fantastically! I can't wait to get them up on the wall! I'll make sure to hang them away from any doorways and cabinets this time.