Thursday, June 17, 2010

Kirby's Epic Yarn: Wii's gift to the crafty community?

I don't like to post 3 days in a row.  I feel like it gives people unrealistic expectations.  But I couldn't resist!

Check out this awesome new Wii game!  Everything is made out of fabric and yarn!  It's like Nintendo is trying to reach out to the handmade community and tell them "get off your sewing machines, stop experiencing the real world, and come play our video game!"  Actually, this is kind of a sneaky trick, but it's working on me :)  Pretty much the only requirement I have in video games is that they are cute, and making it cute by creating a world made out of textiles?  I'm sold.

3 comments:

Laura Maurer Storms said...

You should check out little big planet. It is full of little sack people, who live in a world of fun crafty looking things. Its pretty awesome, but only for PS3.

angie may said...

looks like a cute game. it reminds me a lot of yoshi's story for nintendo 64. im not a video game kinds person, but yoshi's story was kinda my favorite thing ever. :]

Maddy Maddington said...

Ooooh, I saw that game on our geek-channel the other day, and we instantly fell in love with it (and me and my bf don't even sew/crochet/knit!). I love your pitch for it, I think they should use it to reach a new target-audience. *winks*