Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Crepe Paper Roses: It's tight.

So back at the beginning of the month I got it in my head that I wanted to make some crepe paper roses using the tutorial here (the video tutorial is hilarious btw!)  So I headed over to the dollar store and shelled out a whole two dollars for some crepe paper.  Of course, living in Texas I thought that yellow paper would be most appropriate for my roses.  I watched the video a few times and tried to follow along and ended up with these:
"Oh the yellow rose of Texas, oh something la la la!"*

The fullness of the petals featured in the tutorial just isn't there, but I still think they are very cute.  And since crepe paper comes two per pack I've got plenty of materials to practice.  I'm notorious, at least I like to fancy myself notorious for my overly tight grip (grip my pencil too hard, my violin bow too hard, probably other things too...) so I'm guessing that's the problem.  Or I'm folding my paper over too much or not often enough.  These dinky little roses do work up really fast so practicing won't be any kind of hardship.  I was going for rosebuds this time anyways.


*That's how I sing that song

No comments: